Thursday, March 19, 2009

Keeping Busy

Wow. When I tell you that when I got back from Asilomar I hit the ground running, I'm not joking. I have been ridiculously busy. Hopefully everything that needs to get done is getting done. No guarantees on that, though, because I've barely had time to catch my breath. Sorry about the lack of posting...when there's too much to be done, something's gotta give. And without pictures, who wants to read my whine?

We had a quilt show meeting on Monday, it was the last one before the show. Yikes. That means it's going to be here faster than I realize!

On Tuesday, we painted the old signs with white. Tomorrow we break out the red spray paint.


I've had some quilts for hire waiting for my attention. I told their owners they couldn't be in a hurry. I've finally finished one of them. It looks pretty good, if I do say so myself.

Another baby made her way into the world, so I needed to make some labels. I also wanted to label the quilts that just got back from M-AQF. I love setting the machine to stitch, while I work on the other one.


Here's a close-up of the machine in action.


And here are the labels, waiting for me to sew them on this evening.

Finally, I saw the strangest thing today. At first I thought it was some sort of mating dance, but after watching for a while, I changed my mind. These butterflies were doing battle. Only one still had his wings intact, the other two were being shredded. They were flying lower and lower to the ground, exhausting themselves.

This first is a picture of two of them. Click to make it bigger.


Here is the one with the worst wings, trying desperately to escape the other two.


They were doing crazy maneuvers, it looked choreographed.


Here you can see another attack.


And here they are again.

I was glad the kitties were in the house, because they certainly would have found these fellows to be great fun. They wouldn't have eaten them, but they definitely would have done them in!

And that's all I've got. I hope you enjoyed it!

No comments: