Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Some Stitching

Stuck in the middle of Christmas prep - though if I were to admit it, I haven't done a lot of Christmas prep, I'm still trying to come to terms with the calendar flipping to December - is a project that is very overdue.  Remember the memorial quilt I made back in March?  I wrote about it here.

Well, my client subsequently ordered a matching pair of bed quilts, again made with her father's shirts.  Our communication was not the best, as I missed a key email and waited months for it.  It was summer, and I figured we both were busy.  oops.  But now I'm buckling down and trying to get these done.



Each block measures 10.5" x 14.5".  There will be 25 in each quilt.  Yikes!  I need to get moving! 

Actually, as of this writing, I have most of the background blocks pieced.


I think the applique, and the project in general, would go faster without my assistant/supervisor.


She wants to be as close as possible to eye level, even if she can barely keep those eyes open.

I hoping that my puppy sitting duties are about at an end, at least between now and Christmas.  Both of us (Pixel & I) are looking forward to the return of her guy this evening.

Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

What a great beach design - is that an original design?
As far as Pixel is concerned, I think she and you are connected and you should keep her. I had a dog who was my shadow and I still miss her and she's been gone for 8 years.

Quiltedtime said...

I agree with Barb. Keep the puppy. She loves you.

sewmuchfun said...

So cute, both the puppy and the quilt!

Quilt Crazy said...

I think you are staring to like that puppy. :)