Sunday, September 9, 2018

Back At It, Sort of

Sorry to keep you hanging for weeks on end, but this seems to be the summer of travel.  We recently returned from a weeklong road trip.  We hit Highway 1, and drove up the coast from Cambria to Ferndale.  I would have liked to go all the way to the Oregon border, but we didn't have enough time.  We stayed the nights in Cambria, Pacific Grove (Asilomar), Olema, Mendocino, Ferndale, and Petaluma.  zoom, zoom!!

We left late Tuesday afternoon, and spent the night in Cambria.  Beautiful!
 As we drove north, we stopped to see the Elephant Seal rookery.  It was full of half-grown seals, either catching rays, or picking fights with one another.  I could have stayed there for hours, but we had a 6pm dinner date in Pacific Grove.
 It was also suggested that we stop at Ragged Point, which was definitely worth the view.  Beautiful!
We were also told to stop at Nepenthe, which I've since learned is where Kaffe Fassett grew up.  No wonder his designs are so Bohemian!  ;)  I thought I had taken pictures, but apparently not.  The lush green jungle must have mesmerized me!

We walked down to Asilomar beach at sunset,
 and walked it again in the morning.  There were sandpipers racing the waves, but I'm not sure how many ocean vistas you want to see here.
 This time we took the 17 mile drive and saw Pebble Beach and its famous cypress tree.  huh.  I guess it's all that.
Our next destination was Olema, which is near the access entrance to Point Reyes.  On the way, we crossed the Golden Gate Bridge.
And I think that's going to do it for now.  I'll give you another installment in the next couple of days.  I've got a lot of stitching to do, and right now?  I am SO far behind!!

Quilt faster!  Quilt faster!!
Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Glad you got away and had a nice trip. Nice that Hwy 1 is open again! yea!