Thursday, May 23, 2019

A Sewing Interlude

I have more cruise photos.  Of course I do.  But we've been back for 3 weeks, and I've finally found myself in the "studio."  When I walked in, I was appalled.  It had been months since I went in there hoping to sew anything.  It's taken weeks to clear off the sewing surface to be able to sew.

Okay, so I admit it.  I cleared off the surface by dumping everything into a bin.  But I was desperate, doncha know?

I needed to put together the pattern for the guild Block of the Month, for June.  I chose square-in a square-in a square, inspired by the floor of the Sistine Chapel.
 I was pleased with the response to the previous month's pattern.  Judie won a lovely regatta.  I neglected to take a picture, so I was glad that Hallie was on the ball.  Aren't they cute?
 Back in October, when I taught the little seascapes class, I put together this sunset.  Over the weekend, I stitched down the turtle, trimmed the quilt, and bound it.  It has already arrived at its new home.  I think it turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself.
And, finally, I'm back to sewing baby quilts.  We have two grandchildren currently in utero, as well as several friends expecting this year.  One of the babies is already 7 weeks old.  Little Hannah will get her quilt, as soon as I can sew it together.  It's all cut out and awaiting its turn patiently.

And that's what I've been up to since we returned.  Happy quilting!

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

You have a lot to do. Congrats on getting more grandkids. That's great news. And yes, the turtle is adorable.