Saturday, November 23, 2019

I Forgot!

I also completed my challenge quilt, for the guild.  The challenge was as follows:  Make a 12 x 12" block depicting something you see "Around Town."  The initial description had been something one would see along a street downtown, but the parameters seemed to loosen with each passing month.  There were 8 quilts completed.  Here are the beginnings of mine.  I needed something simple, yet to the point.
 I'm not sure you can see it, if you just glance at the quilt, but the background shows the Sierras.  They are always there, looming 30 miles away, but with the haze of most days?  You can barely make them out.  I've taken quite a collection of pictures over the years, but this one?  Definitely showed that I was in town when I took it.  The name of my quilt is "A View from 198."
And that's all I have for you at this time.
Back to stitching.  Stitch faster!  Stitch faster!!

2 comments:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Love it. I would have no idea what to quilt for that challenge. I don't get around town much.

Suzanne Kistler said...

hahaha! Funny, Barb! :D