Friday, January 30, 2009

A Finished Project

Yesterday my friend Carletta and I finally celebrated Christmas. I'm talking 2008, not Christmas 2009! Each year we have breakfast at Valhalla, and again we did the same. Here we are afterwards, enjoying the amazingly bright sunshine. Good for yesterday, but it made lots of fog for today...


After breakfast, I traveled to Thimble Towne, to see the Itty Bitties. wow. There were so many people there, working so industriously, it's tough to find any Itty Bitties. I spy. I see two of them in the lower right hand portion of the picture. A third is off camera to the left, at the ironing board. A fourth was in the other room, cutting fabric. A fifth came later, and for 5 minutes, all six of us were present. Wow. What a great way to start 2009. Last year I think the only time all six of us were together was at Christmas.


While I was there, I finished the binding on this baby quilt made from abandoned blocks. The three green and purple blocks were made from leftovers from Sharon's quilt. The pale blue block was made from leftovers from a quilt I made in the early 90's.

I hear about people clearing out their stashes and getting rid of things they haven't used in years. I'd like to think I'm doing the same, but I'm not throwing them away. I'm giving them new life. And it feels good.

No comments: