Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Quick Jaunt

This afternoon I took a trip to the mountains. My mission was to deliver a carload of teenaged boys to camp. That might not be the job of choice for many, but it suits me just fine. I'd done it for years, and I've had a few years off. I wouldn't want to fall out of practice now, would I?

I passed my camera back to them, and asked them to take a picture of themselves for me. hmm. When I got my camera back, they'd fiddled with the settings and taken some odd shots of only a few of them. They also took this picture of their driver...


Hey kids, look familiar? If you look out the window, you can see that we are driving through... Orange Cove. (no joke.) I was the end of the caravan, and no I wasn't being pokey. I kept up just fine, thankyouverymuch.

Once we arrived, I tried again to take a picture of my group. I took four pictures. This is the best. Notice all the cans of Monster energy drink. In my humble opinion, the counselors in the boys' cabins are going to need all the prayer support they can get. ;)


The drive was quite scenic, and a pleasant way to spend the afternoon. I grabbed my camera and snapped a few shots as I drove home. It was point and shoot, I didn't know what my camera captured.

Jim Morcom led me home. I'm usually a loner, but in this case, I was glad to be part of a duo - the weather was quite variable on the drive home. This is the road out from Hume Lake.


This was captured at a stopsign, right where the road closes for the winter.


We left the snow and hit bright sunshine, but you could see the low-lying clouds covering the valley. Look at that fog bank. Have you ever seen anything like it when you WEREN'T in an airplane?Here I am approaching it. I went from bright sunlight to this, almost instantaneously. (I should have switched from my sunglasses a minute earlier!)


And 100 yards down the road, this is what we had. If you click on the photo, you might be able to make out the tail lights of Jim's truck. Then again, maybe not. It was pretty foggy! (And it was only 4:45pm!)


I have to say I was very glad to reach the valley floor. We left the fog in the foothills. We finished the drive in a very wet mist, which required windshield wipers, but the visibility was nice and clear, SO much better than the less than 100feet we had in Squaw Valley!

And that, dear friends, is your Thursday afternoon travelogue. Hope you enjoyed it.

No comments: