Thursday, February 19, 2009

Busy As A Bee

Wow. All my plans to sew today disappeared with the sunrise. It was all about the quilt show, all day long. I reserved the hotel for our judges, tracked down some missing signage, reviewed the vendor floor plan, took a peek at the entries received so far, and came home and washed the signs. whew!

I also went to the car wash after unloading the signs, because they came with a carload of spiders (and a few yellow jackets) in addition to dirt. Needless to say, I'm tired. I might just have to do some hand-quilting tonight. I don't have enough get up and go to get up and do much else. It's a good tired.

Getting these tasks done today means that I won't have to do them tomorrow. Tomorrow had already been tagged as a "quilt show all day" day. I've got a list of paperwork that needs to be put together, and tomorrow is as good a time as any. Never a dull moment.

How is it that people get bored? I have no idea...

By the by...my husband came home as I was washing the last sign. He had a brain storm. He wants to hire someone to pressure wash the driveway and the patio next week. umm. really? Because I just filled the patio with quilt show sandwich boards...

His eyes got big and he asked if I want to rent mini-storage. umm. No. I need to go through this stuff and it's easier to have it all right here where I can see it.

And the signs need to be repainted, with the new location and the correct date...

Sorry dear, the show ends April 19. We can talk about it on April 20.

No comments: