Monday, November 2, 2009

Let's Retreat!

Well, I've been there and back again, and I must say to retreat is a treat. I didn't get a lot done, but I did have a chance to not think about much of anything other than sewing the next seam. It was very, very nice.

This third annual Quilter's Retreat was held at Hartland Christian Camp. I've gone each year, and each year has been a bit more ambitious than the year before. With almost 50 quilters, we moved to a different building. The Sequoia Chapel looks quite unassuming from the outside.

Once you entered the doors, you found a city of industry. This picture was taken Friday afternoon, before all of the quilters had arrived.

Here you can see the center cutting table, set up for all to use. The blue Bernina in the foreground is my machine.

This picture was taken from the opposite direction at 6:30am Saturday morning. If you click on it, you'll be able to see exactly who the early birds were that first day. (There were more of us the second day, when we gained an hour.)

Each time I saw Rose, I laughed at her accessories. When I expressed my desire to take a picture, she quickly brushed off much of the thread. I made her stop, here's about a third of her collection. :)

There was plenty of beauty outside, if I could ever tear myself away from my machine.





There was wildlife, along with plant life, but I only saw one kind. Swarms of "bugs" were everywhere. It wasn't until I caught sight of one in the bathroom mirror that I realized what they were.

All too soon the weekend ended. I was pretty entertained by the drive home. I'd seen the "cow crossing" sign the mile before, but this was the first time it was needed.

Finally, I saw this spectacular view of Sawtooth, and had to take a picture for my daughter. She's actually climbed to the tip of that pointy rock just right of center. Brave, brave girl!! (Must be her father's daughter!)

And that's it for now. Once I take some pictures of my projects, I'll try to get them posted. Hope you enjoyed these pics!

3 comments:

Lisa Ellis said...

Beautiful pictures. Makes me miss California. I could smell the pine and feel the fresh air.

Quiltedtime said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Kay

Anonymous said...

It looks like a great time at your retreat. I have missed them the last few years and need to get back :)

Brenda