I sewed another basket yesterday, as I waited for inspiration to strike..
This one is bigger than usual. I'd sewed together all of my matching scrap strips, which determined the size of the basket. I have two more sets of sewn together strips, that will probably be "basketized" in the next couple of days.
The inspiration I was waiting for was the design to fill these blank areas of a Tennessee Waltz. They are in a quilt-for-hire that I've had in my possession for oh-so-long. The blank white areas have been a stumbling block.
I finally cut a piece of paper the size and shape of the space, and drew a design adapted from the border print.
It seems to work. Twelve spaces filled, eighteen to go. whew!!
I've got other plans for the next four days, so this one returns to the holding pen. But not for long. It should be reunited with its maker within the next week. yay!! It's been a LONG time coming!!
Guitar Study. 13"x13" and 13"x17"
1 week ago