Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Show of Quilts

One of the treats of the Hartland Retreat is Saturday night's show and tell session. The attendees show what they've made during their stay, but are preceded by a trunk show of an individual. This year Persis Blaesing was the one to share her work.

Persis brought a large stack of lovely quilts. She's one of the most prolific quilters in the area. Each one elicited a group intake and gasp as they were as equally beautiful as the one before or even more beautiful. ooh aaah.

Persis is in the blue, talking about this particular quilt. There was a second pieced quilt on the back.

The French Braid pattern has been popular in the Valley. I've seen numerous interpretations, this one is particularly striking. (On the left is Kathleen, our retreat Hostess.)

This quilt is always fun for me to see. Persis made it from my pattern, published in American Quilter magazine years ago. It's "The Color Runs Through It." It is exciting to see that my instructions were such that they could be followed. :) I still have a few back issues, if anyone is interested.

I wish you could see the detail in this last quilt. I believe she called it a Pineapple Star. She also made a medium-sized version and a mini. The three bears would have been happy, with one for each of them. :)

That's all I've got for now. Hope you enjoyed the show. :)

No comments: