Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Art on the Wall

A while back I started hanging art quilts around the top of my studio wall.  I didn't hang them all, just some.  I still had a stack left, and was unsure whether or not to add them to the wall.  It might get cluttered.  Then again, what good is art, if it's just stacked on a chair?  Better to clutter the wall with beauty, than to risk sitting on it.  ;)

Up the ladder I went, and this is what I did:

 On the left:  "Foggy Memories" by Anya Tyson
on the right:  "Broken Dreams" by Renate Wrafter (2010)
 From left to right:  "Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow"
by Sharon L. Schlotzhauer (2007)
"(gi)rafi and the Hummer" by Kathy Kennedy Dennis (2011)
"Martha's Bright Spot" by Judy LaMay (2010)

The four small quilts were purchased in Houston in 2011, part of the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative, organized by Ami Simms.  The triptych was purchased from a gallery show at Ricky Timms' place some time before that.


"Token (Art) Quilt" by Deborah J. Bein;
"Croc" by Paula Benjaminson (2011)

 "Red Coleus" by Susan Brubaker-Knapp (2010);
"Spring Gingkoes" by Franki Kohler (2009)

Those next four were purchased from previous SAQA Art Quilt Online Auctions.  Which reminds me, the Auction is in its third week.  There are still some beautiful quilts available.  Maybe one of them is calling your name.  You can find them here.

Here is the full view of that wall.  I know.  I told you it was cluttered/busy!  But now I have art all around.  Or almost all around.  It doesn't matter if others like it.  I like it.  It makes me smile.
Thank you to all of you who serve as inspiration!  You're on my walls!!  :)

P.S.  To see the other wall of quilts in my studio, click here.

4 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

I agree. They need to be on the wall. Great job!

Quilt Crazy said...

I think they are very beautiful! And I like clutter. :)

pb said...

I don't call that clutter, just excellent taste. I love seeing quilts on the wall. Before I was a quilter i collected art so in this house we are running out of wall space.

sewmuchfun said...

Beautiful! Great inspirations.