Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Coming Down

I'm still riding a bit high from the most recent edition of Best of the Valley.  The show was wonderful, and the praise hasn't stopped.  I need to be careful, because it just might go to my head.  :)  We worked hard to make it happen, and that hard work paid off.  Don't you just love it when that happens?  I most certainly do!  :)  I've already got next year's dates.  Mark your calendars for April 10-12, 2015, when the 20th annual BOTV opens its doors to the public.

I've been playing a lot of clean up and doing a lot of paperwork during the past few weeks.  I'm also trying to prepare for a week at Asilomar.  I'm taking a class with David Taylor.  I can't wait, even though I haven't pulled any fabric yet.

I haven't had time to get back to work on any serious projects, but I had enough focus to unquilt this top that I bought a few years ago.  I love the colors and the fabric, but the workmanship?  It wasn't worth finishing.  I got the great idea to dismantle it, cut it correctly, and reassemble it.  At this point the top has been separated from the back, and the nasty batting has gone out with the garbage.
 As you can see, there are some stains in the muslin.  I think this is a job for RetroClean.  I'm pretty sure that it will look beautiful, if/when I get it all apart and then put back together again.  :)  I haven't examined the muslin yet.  I suppose I should consider replacing it with new.
In addition to cleaning the studio, I've taken a few hours to assemble a couple of birthday cards.  One should be delivered today, the other goes out today.  I like them both, and am inclined to go back and do more sewing, rather than cleaning.  Sometimes a girl just needs to sew, don't you think?

I'm sending two quilts off to Denver today.  If you make it to Denver Quilt Fest next week, you can look for "They Play Well Together" (a wild and crazy Log Cabin) and "Inspired by Sara," a simple art quilt with some wonderful hand-beading.

And I think that's a wrap.

3 comments:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Your cards look very springy - lucky recipients! I admire you for taking the time to unsew an antique quilt. Are you going to hand quilt it?

Del said...

Looking forward to seeing you at Empty Spools. Maybe we could do lunch one day. I'll be in Hilde Morin's class. Love, Del

Elaine said...

Lots of fun things on your plate! I love David Taylor's work-you will have a great time. congratulations on a successful show.