Saturday, September 26, 2009

Quilt Show!

I love it when there's a quilt show nearby, especially when I have the time to get to it!! Today I had the special treat of seeing the Kings River Quilt Festival, in Reedley, CA. In a move of convenience, they now hold the biennial show at my kids' old high school. My car knows how to get there, almost without my direction!! big smile! :)

As I think I've said before, I'm not one to take many pictures at a quilt show. But if there is something that catches my eye or that I think you might like to see, I've got my camera handy.

Hey look! Do you recognize this quilt? It's the one I quilted back in August. Doesn't it look nice, all finished and bound?

Wedding Quilt
Jean Bell & Susie LaLa-Bell
quilted by Suzanne Kistler 2009

I recognize this quilt. I quilted it last year, in time for Christmas.

"Happy Holidays"
Pat Bell
quilted by Suzanne Kistler 2009

And this one, again quilted last year.

"Behold the Lilies of the Field"
Pat Bell
quilted by Suzanne Kistler 2009

I couldn't resist taking a picture of this quilt. It's the one and only quilt that I know of, made from a pattern I wrote. "The Color Runs Through It" quilt pattern was published in a 2005 issue of American Quilter magazine.


"The Color Runs Through It"
quilt by Persis Blaesing
designed by Suzanne Kistler

And then, there are those of you who wonder what kind of quilts catch my attention when I'm at a quilt show. Always, always, the stars of the show are the traditional quilts. This was the first one that stopped me in my tracks.


The Double 9-Patch is gorgeous, and the machine-quilted feathers are pretty spectacular. It is a very dramatic quilt. I have no idea who made it, I was too captivated by the quilt itself to remember what the paperwork said.

This was the other quilt that stopped me in my tracks and drew me in. Again, the machine-quilted feathers are spectacular.

I don't know its name, but it was made entirely by Patricia Robertson.

Finally, you knew I wouldn't be able to resist the vendors, didn't you? I did NOT buy any fabric, thankyouverymuch. But I did succumb to the lure of buttons for 25 and 50 cents a card. Many of them were made in Holland, and some were made in the USA! Imagine that. The spool of thread is Madera rayon, also for 50 cents. I bought them from Second Chance Fabrics.


My favorite book vendor was there, so I picked up some reading to get me through the next couple of months. The cards were from the Mennonite Quilt Center; the little Santa painted starfish ornament was also from Second Chance Fabrics.

And there you go, my day in a nutshell. Hope you enjoyed the show!

No comments: