Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Still Plugging Away

I'm still working on piece #2 for the Katie PM class, despite the fact that the deadline was 8/8.  I missed the deadline.

I was working to make a piece that felt tranquil, calm, and peaceful.  This is what I came up with:
 Tranquil?  check.  Calm?  check.  Peaceful?  check.  And boring.

I tried adding some seaweed, and wouldn't you know?  It livened it right up!!
 I sent both images to Katie, who said that yes, the green needs to stay.  She also instructed me to keep at it.  I won't get my prompts/direction for piece #3 until I have piece #2 completed to my/her satisfaction.  In the past week, this is what I've added/changed:
Yesterday, I created the palm frond.  Today, I'll begin with the applique.  I'd like to get this together soon, because quilting it should be a lot of fun.

Goals, and all that!!
Ciao!

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

I'm excited to see the finished project.