Monday, July 30, 2018

Bits & Snippets

I'm working steadily on my second piece for the online Katie Pasquini Masopust class.  So far, so good.  I was so very proud of my sea urchin shell...
 I fussy cut the fabric, prepped it, and put it together with 10 segments.
 I was thrilled with the results, until I showed it to my husband.  He thought it was an umbrella.  My son asked, "A pin cushion?"  groan
 It turns out that my boys don't know what a sea urchin shell looks like.  Here is a real one, next to my fabric one.  Now, what do you think?  Close, right?
 Next on my list is a conch.  I'm hoping to get it finished today.
Goals are good!

2 comments:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

That looks great. You found the perfect fabric. Can't wait to see the next shell.

sewmuchfun said...

Love it, and funny how men don’t get it...lol