Friday, November 30, 2018

And Another One

A few weeks back, I spent a day at Calico Mermaid, at their in-store retreat.  10 hours of sewing, and two delicious meals later, I came home with a finished applique and the blocks for another baby quilt.  Over the next week, I put the blocks into a top, and then quilted it.  Yesterday I finished, even the binding!  wow!  I hope to get it into the mail next week.
 I showed you some UFO blocks in my last post.  I waffled back and forth about borders, then decided to make a bold choice.  oh my!  This diagonal stripe was tricky, as I needed to cut it both length- and width-wise to get the effect I wanted.
 It completely changes the feel of the quilt, but I don't mind.  I kind of like it.  It's still a "winter" quilt, but it's not as "cold" as it felt before adding the drama.
Fall has come in earnest, to our little pocket of California.  The gingkos began dropping their leaves last week.  In anticipation of the rain on the horizon, I took Babykins over to the park for an impromptu photo shoot.
 Little Helper tried to put the lens cap back in place as I tried to get a picture.  When I set her down, off she ran, squealing all the way.  Too much fun.
 The next day the rain poured down, bringing with it more gingko leaves.  This is our front yard.  The beauty is fleeting, but it sure brightens a rainy day!!
Tomorrow is December, beginning the big tick tock until Christmas.  Time to get busy in the workshop and see if I can get a thing or two under the tree before the 25th.
Happy December and Happy Quilting, one and all!

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

That's a fast turnaround for you for a quilt. Congratulations. Retreats are wonderful for working on projects.

Fall is fleeting around here. It will be winter any day now. But the leaves all around. Just beautiful. Love the fall colors.