Saturday, November 24, 2018

Another Baby Quilt, Done

 The above baby quilt has been finished and delivered.  Hopefully baby Celeste has already been wrapped in it.  Baby Abby received hers (the pink one in the last post) and I'm sure she's already breaking it in.

I pulled some very old blocks out of my UFO bin and put them on the wall.  It was high time to do something with them, so I added corner stones and sashing.  It needs a border.  I should dig out my Christmas fabrics and see if I have something with white and poinsettias, or anything else that might work.
 The nights have been cold enough to turn the gingkoes into gold.  Fall is final here.  Can winter be far behind?
I trust you had a delightful Thanksgiving.  We did.  I forgot to bring out my camera.  I've been so busy being Grammie that I don't remember to take photographic evidence.  Hopefully I will remember to document this Christmas season.  There's not much that can beat the wonder in a young child's eyes as the tree goes up with the lights and ornaments and then the packages begin to gather beneath it.

Am I ready for Christmas?  Not yet.  Am I ready for the Christmas season?  Always!
And away we go!

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Being a grandma is important, but do take pictures of you and those grandkids and not just the grandkids.

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Happy holidays.