Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year!!

Welcome, 2019!  What a year this promises to be!  We ended 2018 on a high note, with the surprise arrival of our little grandson.
 His appearance pushed all else into the background, but we did have fun with family in town from out of state.  One activity was to make gingerbread houses.
 None of us had done this before.  I had no idea the gingerbread needed to be made well in advance.  We had cracked walls and sagging rooflines because the construction materials were too moist.  Today, 10 days later, the walls are solid and secure.  Next year, I will bake them well ahead of time.
Our granddaughter loved the excitement of gifts everywhere.  So much fun to have a toddler in the house at Christmas!
 There's the Mama to be in the background, silently laboring away.  She looks great for day 2 of labor!  (She thought it was Braxton Hicks.  oops.)
 All too soon the week ended and everyone headed to their own home.

This morning, husband is off at work.  After all it IS Tuesday.  I've looked at my final finished quilts numbers from last year.  I did a poor job of keeping track on paper.  According to my records, I completed 13 quilts, SUCH an improvement over the 4 from 2017.  I also made 3 postcards, 9 quilted cards, and completed 5 little seascapes.  My numbers are different on the blog, where I was better at updating than on paper.  Either way, my goal to get back to quilting seems to have been a success.

I've begun my UFO list for 2019.  So far I have 34 items on it, compared to 2018's list of 42.  Then again, I've just remembered a couple of other items that should be on this year's list.  I'd better add them now, before I forget.

Here's wishing you a blessed New Year, filled with hope, health, and happiness.  Welcome, 2019!


1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Congratulations. Your little family is growing so big. Happy new year and continue working on those goals!