Sunday, January 6, 2019

Sew, sew, sew!

Deadlines are on the horizon.  I doubt I will make the first one, which is this Thursday.  Sacred Threads is one of my favorite venues, though I've never attended.  Despite it being a biannual event, I've not made a faith quilt since the last exhibit.  I'm working to get the umbrellas quilt quilted in time, but I'm going to have to quilt faster.  Quilt faster!!

I have a lot of King Tut threads from Superior, but I was missing some necessary colors for the umbrellas quilt.  I placed an order on New Year's Day, and already this bounty has been delivered to my doorstep.  woohoo!  No excuses!

 Then again, I've been a bit distracted.  Our Sew Eclectic group issued a challenge last year.  We sliced up a photo, giving each person an approximate 12x12" piece to replicate in cloth.  I have two pieces.  Here is my first piece, finally taking shape.  My second is on the left, simply lines on paper.  These are due on January 14.  Sew faster!  Sew faster!!
I've actually finished the applique of the piece on the right, with the exception of the top righthand corner.  I need to create the textured coral-looking thing.  I think I will pad it with a layer of wool.  But I'd better do it quickly, because, just like 2018, 2019 waits for no man...or quilter.  The days are flying by with startling speed.

And just in case you need a deadline, too, Best of the Valley is coming right up.  The entry deadline for the quilt show is February 14.  You can find the information about the show here.

In other news, Baby Jak is home, after a week in NICU.  His bed hasn't arrived yet, so he's sleeping in a doll cradle.  Hopefully the crib will arrive soon.  He's growing quickly, and we would love to see him outgrow the cradle!
And that's the haps around here.  Happy New Year, to you all!!

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

I believe you can make your deadlines- however having a baby around to stare at can cut back on the quilting time.
Glad he's home safe now.