Saturday, October 26, 2019

Not Much to Show

 The above picture shows that I've done a bit of stitching.  Not much, just a bit.  This is a birthday card, made for a friend.  I used to try to make them for everyone, but the past couple of years?  I just don't seem to make the time.

Instead, I do crazy stuff like clean the rain gutters, hoping that this will be another bonanza year for rain.  hahaha!  Anyway, when I was in Missouri, my son had just finished cleaning out his gutters and filling them with Gutter Stuff.  It is a triangular wedge that keeps leaves from entering the gutters, and allows water to rush through and flow as it should.  I bought some at Home Depot, then found it to be much more affordable on Amazon.  Of course it was.
 This is the "before" of my gutters.  They'd been cleaned about 2 months ago, and it's not yet time for leaves to drop.  Then again, the camphor tree drops leaves year round.
 Here is the "during" shot.  I have one high area that I just couldn't reach with the regular ladder.  After I hoisted the extension ladder up against the house, I realized that it was just too heavy and awkward to use.  My son had to help me attack this part of the gutter system.
 Here is the result, with the gutterstuff newly installed.  I am hopeful that the days and dollars invested into this project were worthwhile.  It also says it discourages mosquito breeding.  We've had more mosquitos this year than the past 5 years combined.  Anything to combat mosquitos is worth a try.
As to the quilt I was quilting for Daytona?  It shrunk so much that it no longer fit the size requirements.  Isn't that the way of it?  The quilt is finished.  Or was, until I realized that one side swoops in.  I need to take out the stitching and try again, to make it square.  Perhaps, eventually, I'll have a picture worth sharing.

In the meantime, I've been cleaning, cleaning, trying to prepare for the holidays.  hahaha!
or perhaps I should say ho ho ho!

Lots to do between now and then.  Stitch faster!  Stitch faster!

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Always some household chores to keep us away from our stitching. I hope you're able to fix your show quilt so you can send it in.