Sunday, October 13, 2019

Still Quilting

In my last post, I mentioned a quilt I am trying to finish to hit the 10/18 deadline for AQS Daytona.  I am still quilting.  I average about 2 hours/day on this quilt, and I'm just about halfway through.  I'm going to have to ramp it up if it's going to be finished before the end of this week!!

In the meantime, I've done a few other things.  Like Block of the Month, for guild.  I designed a pumpkin block for October.  The response was delightful!
 Look at that pumpkin patch!!  The blocks are about 8.5" unfinished.  The winner is going to have a lot of fun with these!
 For November, I gave them a foundation square and a piece of red silk.  We're going to try crazy quilting.  I sold all of the silk/foundation pieces that I brought with me.  If everyone brings their block back?  Someone is going to have a wonderful project!!!
As I said, I've been quilting steadily on a quilt.  But the crazy quilting messed up my space pretty quickly.  As I was trying to put things to right, I ran across a project from a Jean Wells class at least 2 or 3 years ago, if not longer.  It was done, except for the facing.  No time like the present to finish it, right?  Right!

I put the little quilt face down, right sides together, on the facing fabric, then cut.

 I pinned the edges, then stitched it in place.
 I drew around a box lid, then cut out the space, leaving a 1/4" seam allowance.  I turned it right-side out, pressed, and stitched down the raw edge.
 Once the stitching was done, I flipped it over.  Cute!!  It's approximately the size of a piece of paper.
And in other news, I cut my hair and donated it.
And I guess that's going to do it.  Back to working on that quilt.  Quilt faster!  Quilt faster!!  Goals are good.

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Love the way you photographed your cut hair - pretty sneaky. I bet it looks great. Love the pumpkin patch blocks.