Friday, January 3, 2020

A Belated Happy New Year!!

oh, my goodness!  I can't blog and stitch at the same time.  And I have definitely been stitching.  I think I told you I set the goal of making 8 stockings.  I began the first week of November, and finished a couple of days before Christmas.  It was more of an undertaking than I realized, until I hit December 15.  Then I knew I was in trouble.  But, perseverance, and all that!  (I made 2 of them a few years ago.)
 They provided the perfect backdrop for pictures with the grands.  (The older ones were a bit squirmy.)
We had a wonderful Christmas, full of making good memories.  I think the boys and their families are all coming back next year, so I'm thinking they had fun, too.

I spent the week working on a gift for my older granddaughter, who was not able to join us for Christmas.  I just finished it, and shipped it off.  I am hopeful that it will arrive on Epiphany, which is a fitting day to receive a gift.
I have really been enjoying playing at crazy quilting.  I am hopeful that there will be more of it in my future.  Goals are good!

And with that, I'll confess that one of my goals is to blog more this year.  It should not be hard to beat last year's activity, since the blog was in the lower echelons of my priorities.  Hopefully I'll be able to fix that.

Happy New Year!!  Here's to setting goals that we can actually have the potential of achieving!!

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

That pillow for Penny is so adorable. I'm sure she will treasure it. So glad you got to spend some time with all the other grandkids. Sounds like a full house full of fun.