Sunday, January 12, 2020

It's Our Blogiversary!

Yes, indeed.  Twelve years ago today, I began this little blog.  I began in earnest, looking forward to each post.  Over the years, I've gotten so busy that, well, the blog has fallen a bit by the wayside.  So much for my resolution to "blog more."  I'd hoped for once a week, but here we are, creeping up on the end of week #2.  I guess this counts?  I hope to do better.  Goals are good, doncha know?

I don't know what is going on, but Blogger is not allowing me to load photos.  weird.  Earlier this morning, Bible Gateway wouldn't let me search for Bible verses.  Is it them?  Or me?  So strange.  oh wait.  Now it's working.

P received her pillow.  She found it to be a bit on the wild side, but she likes it.  yay!
 Yesterday I began working on a challenge for our Art Group.  We assigned the challenge a year ago February.  The assignment was to make a small flower quilt with green in the background.  Yesterday, I pieced together my background, then went to work on my applique pattern.
 Here it is, with the petals all cut from a piece of Kristin's hand-dye.  I am excited to see how this will come together.  Did I or did I not successfully place the freezer paper to show each petal to perfection?  hahaha!  I'd best get stitching if I want to know the answer to that question!
Happy New Year, Happy Quilting!  I'm hopeful that this year will be a productive one.  Goals are good!

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

That fabric is perfect for the roses. Did she dye that specifically for you? I'm so glad Penny liked her pillow. She's so grown up now. How did that happen?