Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Staying at Home

 The above picture was taken in 2011, as I worked to hand quilt this queen-sized quilt.  This particular quilt has lived for YEARS in the UFO pile.  Last week, I picked it up.  I've gradually been working my way across it.  At the rate I am quilting, I hope to have it finished by April 30.  Goals are good.
 I made a second set of masks.  The smaller masks are for one DIL, the larger are for another.  I'm hopeful that they will fit.  If not, I will move on to making masks with ties, since I've run out of elastic.  I definitely have plenty of batiks available to make many more masks.
 Instead of adding the scraps to the scrap pile, I turned some into a birthday card (above).  A few weeks ago, I cut up a worn piece of embroidery to make a butterfly card (below).  I mailed them both yesterday.  And then I started some new cards.  I'm hopeful that some will be finished and mailed today.  Goals are good.
Things here are pretty quiet.  Husband still goes to work everyday, as Ag workers are essential.  Same with one son.  One DIL has been furloughed, though she is in a health-related field.  Those of us staying at home are spending time cleaning and organizing and the like.

But, for the most part?  I'm digging through my stash of fabrics and UFO's, and trying to make a dent.
Hope you are staying safe and sane.  Be well, and let's continue to illustrate what a good investment quilting is.  Goals are good.

No comments: