Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Birthday Cards

 A couple of weeks ago, I had cataracts surgery, so I haven't been doing a lot of sewing.  I finished the Jean Impey class, but only have 9 stars on my design wall.  I'm not sure if/when I will get back to them.  There's so much to do, and I seem to be lacking time to get things done.

But yesterday, I took the time to make a couple of birthday cards.  My middle son, when asked what he wanted for his birthday, replied, "World Peace."  yeah, yeah, okay.  He's said this before.  I made a card similar to the one I gave him the last time he said he wanted World Piece.  Here is this year's card:

It should fit with the first World Piece, though I'm not sure what kind of map it will create.  In looking at the fabric, it does not seem to have the entire world, just a small portion of it, repeated again and again.  oh well.

The other card I made is for my oldest granddaughter.  Her tenth birthday is next week.  I can't believe she is ten years old.  wow!

And that's all I've got for now.  Hopefully my eyes will settle and I will become more productive as I get used to seeing intense colors.  I am amazed by how washed out I'd thought the world had become.  

Happy Quilting!!

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Glad your cataract surgery went well. I love the world peace card. Pretty clever.