Thursday, October 7, 2010

Cool Things

This past month I've been having a lot of fun, visiting various Estate Sales and antique shops. I've been bringing home all kinds of fun stuff, most of which I quickly absorb into usage. Some things stand out as extra cool.

Like this drill, purchased for my son. I should tell you that he spent the summer living without electricity. The whys and wherefores are unimportant, however it has given him a great appreciation for things that work solely on man power.

This drill cuts very cleanly, making holes that impress the difficult to impress. It's amazing.

Last week a friend and I saw this yoke. When I told my husband about it, he was really disappointed that I hadn't brought it home. It was still there today, so it now belongs to him. (That's his foot.) Sorry that Blogger flipped the pic. grr.

I also found this printing block. I have no idea what language it is. I thought that printing it would give me an answer, but it came out blurry. My son thinks it is most likely Korean. I'll have to figure out another way to determine what it is.

What I'd really like to show you is my self-portrait, but it's going to have to wait another week. No one else has seen it, so I've had zero feedback.

I pulled a UFO block out of my bottomless UFO collection. After staring at it for a while, I figured out what bothered me. Adam's head is too small.

Last night I made a new head. It looked like it belonged to Mr. Spock.

Today I made another new head. It's just right...only it's the wrong color. It's too brown, I need to find a pinker, fleshier fabric. Will the fourth time be the charm?

The one thing I know is that giving the boy a bigger head was definitely an improvement.

This quilt was based on a photo I took of the Penguin Parade in Edinburgh, back in July of 1996. yeah, it's been in the UFO pile for a while now. Hopefully I'll get another head made this week and be ready to quilt it soon. Goals are good!

No comments: