Saturday, October 9, 2010

Eeny Meeny Meiny...

Adam needs a head. Which one should I use? Or should I make another one? I think I'll go with the large pinky-orange verson. It might work.

His hair was not brown. It was quite bleachy blond, as it was every summer in his youth. Daily swimming turned the strawberry blond to white-blond. Let's add some color/texture.

Oh dear! He looks like a hedgehog. Let's add some more.

There. That gives him light hair, texture, and enough dark that it doesn't wash out in the background.

Here's the overall composition:

The original plan was to make multiple 14" blocks, and put them together in a quilt commemorating our trip to the UK. After 14 years, only 2 blocks saw the light of day. I turned one into its own wallhanging, but the other sat moldering in the box. I've added 4" of borders around three sides, and gave Adam a new head. Now I proclaim it ready to quilt and finish. yay! Goals are good. Maybe I can get it done in the next couple of weeks.

That's all for now, have a great weekend!

No comments: