Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Keeping Busy

I've been busy, putting together more baby quilt tops.  sew sew sew.

This one was composed from leftover blocks from other quilts.  Most of them are recognizable from recent baby quilts.  The star points were made from binding trims.  Things rarely go to waste around here, that's for sure!
 This one was also made leftovers: some Double 4-patch blocks, some 4-patch, and some 4.5" squares.  I think these are really cute.  Some baby somewhere will love them.  :)
 My bin filled with string strips was overflowing.  This picture does not capture the color.  The center blocks are a limey green.  A friend says, "That looks like Giverny!"  I've never been there, but I love the comparison.
Rather than quilting these at this point, they are hanging with backs, waiting for basting.  I've chosen to focus on some handquilting.  I'm more than halfway through one of my quilts from the Katie Pasquini Masopust class that I took last year.  (or was it the year before?)

Block of the Month for guild continues to go well.  These are the blocks turned in for the July drawing.
 I asked everyone to make a second block, to be turned into a Quilt of Honor, for presentation to a local veteran at the county fair in September.  They rose to the challenge.  Just look at this nice stack of blocks!
 Here are my samples for next month:  Dutchman's Puzzle.
I made the Flying Geese units using squares on rectangles and then trimming.  I couldn't let those trim triangles go to waste.  I am behind on birthday cards, so I stitched them together.
See that piece of applique above the bias squares?  I am in the process of inserting it in the frame.  It's turning out to be a delightful piece.  I'll be sure to take a picture before I send it off.

And, lest you think I'm focusing on quilting, no, not really.  My current project is bark.
 I had 6 yards delivered on Friday.  I was able to clear out and fill my "secret garden" area on Friday.
 On Saturday, I cleared out the "island."  I added the bark yesterday.
 I also worked on this area, between our house and the neighbors.
Temperatures have been above 100 for the past several days, so I limit how long I'm out there working.  I make sure to stay in the shade, and when I can't take it any more, in I come.  This morning, I focused on a patch in the backyard.  The sad thing is that the pile of bark does not seem to be getting any smaller.

This afternoon?  I will be doing more hand quilting.  Goals are good!

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Goals are great! You have been doing a lot. Your scrappy quilt are great - my favorites.