Thursday, July 25, 2019

A Tiny Bit of Stitching

The heat has been oppressive this week.  I spread the first 6 yards of bark, then ordered a second 6 yards.  It has been delivered, but I've only worked to distribute it on one day.  When you wake up to 77 degrees at 6am, it's just too oppressive to try to do yard work.

In my last post, I also showed you bits and pieces that I planned to turn into little birthday cards.  As of yesterday, I've finished 3 of 4.  I'm pretty pleased with the results.

For the first one, I cut up a dresser scarf and used the applique for the focal point.  This measures about 7" square.
 The colors of the second one reminded me of a hot day at the beach, so I made a little 4" beach scene to fit within the frame.  I added a bit of "sea weed," as well as dolphins frolicking in the water.
 I have a box of odds and ends set aside for cardmaking.  I found this basted heart, just waiting to appliqued onto something.  It worked well with the pinks.  The tatting was given to me by my good friend Virginia.  Virginia just turned 98.  This is her (belated) birthday card.
Other than that, I've done some hand quilting, but haven't finished anything.  I'm hopeful that I will turn these hot days outside into productive days inside.  Goals are good!

2 comments:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

It's so hot - it's hard to be motivated to do anything. Love the cards. You are getting things done!

Suzanne Kistler said...

Little bits, Barbara, little bits!