Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Blursday

Well, Easter has come and gone, in a manner reminiscent of Christmas after the Grinch's visit.  It came without family, it came without congregating, it came without fancy clothes, it came without a feast, and yet?  It came just the same, via Zoom and online sermons and multi-family Facetime.  Indeed, He is risen!

I finished the fifth and final installment of the Mystery quilt, designed by Material Girlfriends, and shared by Calico Mermaid.  I altered the piecing of the second block, so my border blocks are unusual, and not according to design.  The colors are more vibrant than this shows, in gorgeous tropical batiks.
One step involved trimming the blocks from 9" to 8".  I used the trims to make these Easter cards for the grands.
 I thought about embroidering their initials, then decided to put my collection of Tsukineko inks to good use.  I was pleased with the results (and the ease with which they were reached!)
I made a few more masks, for family and friends, but I've put mask making on the back burner for a few days.

I continue to work on the hand quilted quilt from the early 90's.  I am hopeful that the quilting will be finished before the end of the month.  Goals are good!  I have 7 strips of color to complete.  Each strip is composed of 8" blocks, so, well, that's still a lot of blocks that need quilting.

I have to say that my days are consumed with stitching and working in the garden.  Without these hobbies?  I suppose my house would be a lot cleaner.  With them?  The house is still in the same state it was in when we first began the Stay at Home.

If I ever make it through my stash and finish my UFO's, I promise.  I'll focus on the house.

hahahaha!!

Stay safe, my friends, and take it one day at a time.
Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

If no one can visit why should we clean our houses, right?

I love to see how much you are getting done and blogging more.