Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Mask Making

I've added another 17 masks to the number I've made so far.  These are the latest installment of adult masks.  I also made some child-sized, for the grands.  These are a sneak peek at Easter gifts.  What a year, right?

Yesterday, I made some Easter cards as well, but I will save those for another post.

My Mystery quilt remains stalled at step #3.  I'm glad I didn't sew the blocks together, after seeing the layouts.  I'm going to do something a bit different in piecing one of the blocks, so I'm thinking my version might be a bit unique.  I hope to piece those blocks today.  We'll see what happens as the day progresses.

 I've been doing some baking, but it came to a halt when I ran out of eggs.  Savemart had no eggs in the store, when I went in search of them.  I am very thankful that a friend has chickens, and came to my rescue with a dozen.  Later, my son waited for 30 minutes to get into Costco.  He bought some eggs for me there, as well.
 The one thing that has not changed is that the garden is still celebrating the arrival of Spring.
We've had a lot of rain in the past week, which has helped keep people home and indoors.  The iris look a bit bedraggled today, but the unopened buds are still pushing, so I've got a lot more to look forward to in the coming weeks.

I hope that you are staying healthy, and safe.  The days are pretty crazy.  Good thing I know that God is in control.  He's got this, and will work it all to the good.  Families are definitely getting to know each other, and time?  I've always lamented the lack of time to get things done.  I have no excuses now, since all I've got is time at home, time to get things done.

What am I doing?  I'm spending a lot of time reacquainting myself with my sewing machine!  I liked the post that said, "I used to be a fabric hoarder.  Now it's called being prepared!"  yup.  There you go.

Happy stitching!!

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

I'm really prepared. :) Glad you are using your time to get things done. I've made a couple masks because I needed to make one for me to wear to work.

God is in control for sure. It's an interesting time.