Monday, September 28, 2020

A Little Bit of Progress

I've gotten back to hand quilting.  Yesterday, I was excited to quilt my way to the second corner of my current project.  woohoo!!  Perhaps I will be able to finish the rest this year.  I am SO excited to make visible progress!

Huh.  I thought I'd taken a picture last night, but I guess not.  Hopefully I will remember for my next post.

This year, our county fair had a drive-through fair.  My son took his family, and reported that it was "okay, but really short."  He prefers the in-person fair, where they can spend hours and exhaust children, rather than have them stuck backwards in a car seat, trying to point out the "sights."

They had a quilt competition, with 14 entries.  I entered two in the Professional Quilters category.  I had the only quilts in that category, so was awarded 1st place and BOS, Professional on one, and 2nd on the other.  I have not received any ribbons, though they said they would mail them.

"Sunset Stroll," 1st place and BOS, Professional - Tulare County Fair 2020

"Two Beauties," 2nd place, Professional - Tulare County Fair 2020

I really wish I had more to share, but I've been spending a great deal of time babysitting.  Our oldest local granddaughter turned 3 today, so I thought it was worthy of note.
She received a brand new bicycle, and tools.  Apparently the bike wasn't up to snuff.  She spent the evening working on it, before it was ready to ride.  Happy Birthday, little girl!!



No comments: