Friday, October 16, 2020

Still Here

 This COVID stuff.  The days run together, along with the weeks, and now months.  Days are filled with this, that, and not a lot of anything.  It is hard to come up with content for posting.  One would think that with all of this time on my hands, I would be uber-productive.  Not me.  sigh.

I did make a couple of little pillowcases this week, for two little pillows that had been on my studio floor for almost a year.  Imagine how much space that left behind!  yay!

My DIL asked for a green mask, to match a dress she plans to wear to a wedding.  She indicated that embroidered flowers would be really pretty.  I made a plain mask, an embroidered mask, and a third mask with a floral print.  I'm sure she will find the opportunity to use them all.
Over the past month, I learned to cure olives.  yummy!
I made my first cheesecakes in decades.  I mean, since Costco, who bakes their own cheesecake anymore?  I have to say, these may be ugly, but they were tastier than Costco's!
I was quite happy when estate sales began opening again.  Lots of mask and entry restrictions, but sometimes?  The amazing deals are still available.  I bought this shell collection for $5.
Last weekend, I stumbled in at the end of a sale that had a table full of shoes left.  The shoes were all size 42.  If you've ever looked for 42's, you know that they are not easy to find.  When I chose the boots and a pair of flip flops, they offered me the entire collection for $25.  wow!  I feel like Imelda Marcos now!!  Only a couple of the thongs are uncomfortable.  The other shoes?  Are now residing in my closet, waiting for an opportunity to be worn.
I've also spent a lot of time with our local grandchildren.  Tea party, anyone?
These cousins are 2 months apart.  They are as different as can be.  One is all into physical activity, the other will sit for hours, as I read book after book after book.
And our grandson?  Is a busy boy.  Here, he's helping his dada by loading the tractor.  Such a good worker!

And finally, the project that keeps my attention.  I have been hand quilting this one since April.  I am closing in on the last portion, which is just amazing.  I truly thought this quilt would always remain a top.
Happy quilting!!


No comments: