Thursday, October 29, 2020

This n That

 Ahhh.  Another post before the end of the month.  That is good news, because it means that I've spent at least a few minutes communing with my sewing machine.  I don't have a lot to show, but I have finished a few quiltlets and postcards.

First, the postcards:

For these sets, I cut up a panel, added a back, and zigzagged around the edges.
This one was made from scraps in my scrap pile.
These quiltlets were quilted and embellished, before adding the self-binding backing.
Yesterday, we celebrated two birthdays.  One for Henley, one for her mama.
Other than that, last weekend, I hit another estate sale.  I do love to find good embroidery, and I'm a sucker for pillowcases.
And these Sunbonnet Sues?  What was the quilter thinking, when she chose that orange for the arms?  What was it called?  Coppertone QT?  for quick tan?  In high school, I remember a lot of girls with that bright orange skin.  Then again, I do not remember them dressing like this!
Finally, I found 5 beautifully embroidered basket blocks, sporting pink ribbons.  I'm hopeful that they will wash up beautifully.  I might also put them in Retroclean, if the background remains discolored.
And I guess that's going to do it.  I am happy to report that I've been interacting with fabric.  I'm hopeful, that with the holidays ahead, I'll get even more studio time in the not too distant future.

Happy Quilting!


2 comments:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

I was telling Jeff how a lot of your quilts are beach inspired and just saw how many posts I’ve missed. I never got notifications. I better check my settings. It was great to see you and Pete today. Jeff is impressed by your art! We will talk soon.

sewmuchfun said...

Beautiful embroidery you found!