Friday, January 15, 2021

A 2020 Finish

 In looking through my "recent" posts, I see that I never posted about a fun Zoom class that our guild offered back in November.  The class was with the Material Girlfriends, and was called "Rosie Runner."  We had planned our annual guild retreat, but since that was cancelled?  We met together online via Zoom instead.

It was great fun to dig through my scrap box, rather than cut into new yardage.  I found that I had a LOT of scrap reds to play with.  woohoo!

I think I got this far on the project during the course of the day:
Here is the finished table runner:
Here is is, in context:
When a friend saw that I was making this, she called dibs.  I sent it to her, and she sent a picture of the runner in use.  I smiled when I saw that they liked the fabric on the back, as much as the top.

Other than that?  We continue to do work on our new property.  This week, the termites are being dealt with.  Next week?  The Mold Doctor will see what he can do to rid us of the icky stuff.  The job will involve removing and replacing dry wall and insulation.  Fun stuff!  But his expectation is for it to take a mere 2-3 days, so perhaps it is not all that involved after all...if you know what you are doing.  He comes highly recommended.  I'm so excited!!

And I guess that's going to do it for now.

Happy Quilting!


No comments: