Tuesday, February 9, 2021

And, Blink! It's February!

 Where do the days go?  I wish I had a pile of quiltie pictures to share, but I do not.  I have spent some time with fabric, but not much that has been productive.  Well, there was one old UFO, that was "fixed."

In 2014, we made basket blocks for our outgoing guild President.  I finished my basket, but did not find the time to fill it.  I turned it in "as is," and thought I'd either fill it later, or make a replacement block.

Last month, Leslie returned the basket, with the request to "fill it with flowers, please."  Alrighty then.  No more procrastination, (though you'll have to admit that 6 years was a pretty impressive delay, right?)

Above is the "before."  Below is the "after."  I think it finished well.  I am glad that I was given a second chance to improve it.  I no longer cringe when I see it.
I've been working on Bonnie Hunter's Grassy Creek Mystery.  Though the last clue was revealed a while back, I am still working my way through.  This picture was taken a few weeks ago.  I'm currently plugging away at clue #5.
Cambria House is a work in progress.  When we first bought it, I thought, "It just needs a bit of TLC."  But now?  It's not so much Tender Loving Care that is needed...it's Tough Love.
Following our noses, we've tried to find the source(s) of a lingering musty/mildewy odor.  When I pulled up the carpet in the front bedroom?  I think I found the culprit.  The floor and subflooring are collapsing under the window.  We have foundation experts scheduled for ASAP, which might still be a month out or longer.  Once the foundation is stabilized, we'll be hiring an expert to work on the subfloor and floor.  We'd like to replace the wood floor with another wood floor.  It really is beautiful, though it is showing its age.  (This part of the house is at least 80 years old.)

Our other big news is the recent announcement of grandchild #6, due in September.

Many people are ruing these days, but I've learned it is much better to learn to give thanks in ALL things.  When one learns to do that, eyes are opened, and abundant blessings are found all around.

Happy February, quiltie friends!

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Congrats on #6. Your lovely family just keeps growing. How wonderful for you. You might need to add a few rooms to the Cambria house now. :)