Put it in, take it out.
Try this, un-try it. Trying that doesn't work either.
What am I talking about? I'm trying to finish my quilt.
I thought hand-quilting would work, but it became too lumpy-bumpy and distorted. I kept hoping it would get better, but it didn't. It got worse. I stopped quilting this morning at 10am, and pulled out quilting until 1:30pm.
Then I decided to tie it, with buttons. But the buttons overpowered the quilt. The embroidery became insignificant. All I could see was buttons. I sewed them on for 3 hours: they only took 45 minutes to remove.
I tell you, this baby is starting to look a bit worn around the edges with all the stitching/unstitching.
I finally understand why Crazy Quilts are tied. Trying to do anything else to secure them can make one crazy!
And so, my next feat will be to tie it, unobtrusively. It still has 4 lines of quilting, which I think I will keep. In the end, maybe it will have to go too. If nothing else, I've changed my thinking. It is more important to do it right, than to meet this year's Houston deadline. Meeting it is still a possibility, but one that is becoming more and more remote.
Oh well. I still think goals are good! :)
A Lunar Eclipse, a Full Moon, and Yoga
3 hours ago