Monday, September 15, 2008

Finishing Touches

Last week I finished up my for-hire work, at least for the time being. At my husband's office, they've been making babies faster than I can make quilts. Two are due in October, and I recently learned of a third, due early next year.

What better task than to finish the baby quilts I'd started and get ahead, eh?

Clark Zvonar is due first. This is his quilt. You can't see the barns and farm animals, but it's perfect for the son of a dairy vet.

King Baby #3 is due next. Boy or girl, it doesn't matter. Dad graduated from Auburn, and each child has received a blue and orange quilt with the requisite tiger references. Usually I add eagles as well, but not this time.

I was out of eagle fabric, but I have plenty of cow fabric. Baby King's dad is also a dairy vet.

Here's the third quilt. I patted myself on the back, since I was "one quilt ahead." That lasted for about 12 hours. Then Pete announced, "Hey, Pam's daughter had a baby today!" The binding went on the quilt, along with a label, and the quilt went out the door. Isn't it cute?

Finally, today was Label Day. I try to keep each quilt's record on the back of the quilt, and one of this year's goals was to keep my labels up-to-date. I fell behind. I made 10 labels today, here's what some of them look like...


You can see the pins, holding on the new labels, but I'm not really caught up. The King baby's quilt needs a label - I need to know his/her name first. Two quilts are in Oregon for the Northwest Quilting Expo, they'll need labels when they come home. "Cascading Crystal Kaweah" heads to Pacific International next month - it will need a label for that as well.

Good thing I made a dent in my label list, can you imagine if I'd put it off any longer? yikes! So much to do, so little time!!

No comments: