Wednesday, September 10, 2008

More Travel Pictures

Most of this new set of pictures are courtesy of Adam. He thought it great fun to snap pictures of me snapping pictures. Yes, I do have a picture of myself and the flash as my camera went off. I have quite a number of them!!!


On our first day in Berlin, we walked, and walked, and walked. It was a walking marathon. We were in search of Fruehstueck. (That would be breakfast for you non-German speakers.) Daniel was just beginning to grumble and mumble when we came across Humboldt University. Pete also got really excited, and I hadn't a clue why. He was excited because this is (or used to be) the Vet School.

Daniel was more impressed that this was where Max Planck (renowned Physicist) taught. See? He was REALLY jazzed. ;)


By Friday, the novelty of Berlin had worn off. Either that, or we were worn out. Or perhaps it was a bit of both. Adam took this of Pete and me, waiting for the Bahn...


Saturday's trip to Miltenberg was delightful. What a change from the concrete and construction of Berlin!!! Isn't this building front cute?!! Look how big it is! I'm the little person in white, in the bottom right corner...

After a mid-day snack, we hiked up to see the Mildenburg Castle. I've already shown you pictures of the view, but I didn't have a picture of the hike...(and once we got to the landing, there was a tower to climb...)

Here we are, on our walk back to town. Even the alleys are cute in Miltenberg...

On Sunday, we drove to Esslingen. Here is Pete (our driver extraordinaire) preparing to get back on the Autobahn. Even the pavement on the turnout is quaint. Don't you just love it?

Here's a view of Esslingen. See how the hills are covered with vineyards? I'm assuming they're for making wine, not table grapes, but I could be wrong. Everything about the place was scenic.

Finally, here I am looking forward to digging into a plate full of Schwabisch roast beef. We didn't eat very often (usually 2 meals, or a snack and a meal), so when we had the opportunity to EAT, we took advantage of it.


I think that's about it for pictures from Germany, unless I run across more that I want to share. In retrospect, I'm very glad we went. It was exhausting, but it was a nice break from our valley heat. And it was good to see how they live on the other side of the world. It's given me a new appreciation for just how good we have it here. I no longer take things for granted, that's for sure!!!

No comments: