Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Trudging Along

Yesterday was a L O N G day. I don't know if you ever have a day like that, but I did. It started off on a happy note, with our annual Itty Bitty Christmas breakfast.

Our friendship group is called the Itty Bitties, specifically because we are so small. We've been bigger, but we've lost members. This is the core (or are we hard-core?) group. It's been altogether too long since we've all actually congregated in the same place at the same time. We always mean to meet on Thursdays, it just doesn't always happen...

After breakfast, I was off to two funerals. That filled the bulk of my day. God is good, all the time. And I guess facing death, as we approach the day we celebrate the birth of our Lord, is something that is important. It was quite the reminder that it is eternal things that matter, not the things of this world.

Our front porch now looks like this:

Last year my name was drawn as the lucky winner of this church nativity scene. It was made by my friend Rose, and a friend of hers. Last year it was on display at my husband's office, but this year it was sent to our house. It's fun to have it here, it makes us a bit more festive. My favorite part is the star, which is suspended by a giant spring. boing! It sways back and forth when bumped.

And finally, I wasn't the only tired one yesterday. The cats acted out on the way I was feeling. Edgar and Charlie are not playing - they sleep like that. Same with Malcolm. Malcolm sleeps on his back, with all 4 feet in the air. It is very unbecoming for such an aristocrat, but he feels that he is so superior he can sleep as he likes. We are not to mock him. (His eyes are open because this was the second picture. oops. Sorry about the flash, Malcolm. Go back to sleep.)


Not much was accomplished yesterday, but today, I've been wrapping packages and preparing more boxes for shipping. I've also been busy with the Bernina, whipping up more mini-stockings. I'm running out of time, because we have big plans for the weekend. Stay tuned, it's going to be pretty. :)

No comments: