Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Not Much New

Sorry I haven't posted much lately, I feel like it's a lot of "same old, same old." I continue to have quilts-for-hire in the pile, although I must say the pile is greatly reduced. For the next 3 hours, it will only have one waiting for my attention. At 2pm, I deliver the latest and pick up another one. I guess I must be filling a need, because I have not been lacking for business since I re-hung my shingle on August 1.

This is the quilt I deliver today. It's smaller than a twin, but larger than a baby quilt. I guess that makes it a throw. I've had it for almost a month. The owner bought the "5 hours of custom machine quilting" certificate that I donated to our church's silent auction. It took 4.16 hours to quilt. (The certificate was one time use only. :)

Here's a close-up, so you can get a better idea of what I did. I put leaves in the green, flowers in the floral, feathers in the solid brown, checks in the check and meandering in the brown/turquoise swirly print. The quilting looks much better in person than it does in the photograph.

Other than that, I've been sitting behind the computer. There is always plenty to do, that's for sure!

I am hoping to quilt the "last" quilt-for-hire before heading off on a weekend quilting retreat. The one I pick up today can wait until next week for basting. Goals are good and all that.

My primary goal this week is to have emptied my plate of responsibilities by Friday so that I can truly relax and enjoy the retreat. And who knows? If we get lucky, we might get snowed in and have to stay there longer. I'll have my hand-quilting with me, and if they have hot chocolate? What else does a gal need? ummm....maybe cookies. :) I know, I know...in my dreams. :)

No comments: