Saturday, October 24, 2009

Weekend!

For the past 10 days I have been captivated by an iris in my backyard. It's one that I bought two years ago, at the iris garden, and this is the first time it's bloomed. And bloomed, and bloomed, and bloomed. It's got more energy than the Energizer Bunny! I've never seen so many blooms on one stalk. It's got to be on #11 or 12 or even #15 by this point. It is truly amazing.

Yesterday I had lunch with my good friend Carletta to celebrate her birthday. I try to make a quilted card for her every year, this year was no exception. But I tricked her. I wrapped it in a box. :) The box sat on the table during breakfast, I didn't say a word.

At one point our conversation turned to decorating, and she mentioned that she was going to try to figure out a way to display all the quilted cards she'd received. hmmm.

Later, when she opened the box, she was really surprised. tee hee. She thought she wasn't getting a card. I think she was happy, don't you?

Happy Birthday, Carletta!

It's good to know when people like the cards. Often I have no idea whether they do or not. I think Carletta likes hers. :)

And now, it's weekend. It holds so much promise. But first, I've got a window of opportunity to baste those last quilts-for-hire, and I'm going to have to buckle down and do it. sigh. After that? My time is all mine!!

No comments: