Friday, October 2, 2009

October!!

As I fought the crowds in Costco yesterday, I wondered where they came from. Then it hit me. It was October first! And if it's October, it's time to determine an October Step. This is going to be a toughie. As of now, I don't have one. I'm going to have to search through my projects and find one that I can realistically meet. Unless, of course, I decide that unquilting the rafting quilt should be my step. Actually, it SHOULD be my step, but it doesn't sound terribly gratifying. That's why it's so perfectly qualified.

Congratulations to all who completed their September steps. I know Pat finished two, how about you, Kay? Kristin? Did you meet your goals? I still can't believe that I met mine so early in the month. Deadlines are the BEST motivators!

But back to October. I have so many quilts-for-hire waiting for my attention, it's hard to know when I will have time to quilt for myself. The current QFH is so large, it's taking its toll on my wrists and elbows. I do need to take a few breaks from manhandling it, even though I'm only putting in 2-3 hours each day.

My calendar says I'm quilt-booked at least for the next 2-3 weeks, and I need to write that article, and I have a zillion things I should be doing. So what did I do? I started knitting.


I know, I know, call me crazy. My quilt muscles were tired but I didn't want idle hands...yep. One more thing to keep me out of trouble. ;)

No comments: